To gain a Diploma in Religious Studies, majoring in Pastoral Ministry. The Diploma in Religious Studies (Pastoral Ministry) is a programme of study that consists of courses in theology, scripture and pastoral ministry. Open to all adult students.
The Diploma in Religious Studies (Pastoral Ministry) is a programme of study that consists of courses in theology, scripture and pastoral ministry. Open to all adult students.
At the 100 level, students must complete the following courses:
· PM 101 Church and Ministry
· PM 102 Introduction to Liturgy
· SC 101 Introduction to the Old Testament
· SC 102 Introduction to the New Testament
· TH 101 Introduction to Catholicism
· TH 102 Introduction to Theology
At the 200 level, students are required to select:
· PM 203 Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
· One other 200 level Pastoral Ministry course
· TH 203 Understanding Church
· One scripture 200 level course
· One elective course in any of theology, scripture, pastoral ministry and religious education fields at the 200 level.
Students are required to demonstrate competence in each course by the completion of set assignments.
The programme co-ordinator in Christchurch is Charles Shaw (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
TCI Christchurch Diocese - Course Timetable (2016)
Please click here to access the 2016 TCI (Christchurch Diocese) course timetable.
For more details on the Diploma in Religious Studies (Pastoral Ministry Stream) please click here