To gain a Certificate in Catholic Youth Ministry. The certificate in Catholic Youth Ministry is a programme of study that consists of courses in youth ministry, theology, scripture and one four-week practicum in a Catholic Parish. Open to all adult students above the age of 17. Students will display a proven ability to cope with tertiary education or a motivation to learn at this level. They should show an interest in working with youth. This programme is at Level 5 with 72 credits.
Students must complete the following courses:
· YM 101 Introduction to Catholic Youth Ministry
· YM 102 Introduction to Spirituality for Youth Ministers
· YM 103 Youth Ministry Experience (requisite requirements, see below)
· SC 101 Introduction to the Old Testament
· SC 102 Introduction to the New Testament
· TH 101 Introduction to Catholicism
· TH 102 Introduction to Theology
Students need to complete YM101, YM102, TH101 and either SC101 or SC102 before undertaking YM103 (practicum). Students are required to demonstrate competence in each course by the completion of set assignments.
The programme co-ordinator in Christchurch is Charles Shaw (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
TCI Christchurch Diocese - Course Timetable (2016)
Please click here to access the 2016 TCI (Christchurch Diocese) course timetable.
For more details on the Cetificate in Catholic Youth Ministry please click here