The Catholic Special Character Contribution (CSCC) helps cover the costs associated with the delivery of professional development services in support of Catholic Special Character in Catholic primary and secondary schools. This includes the funding of the following services:
- Primary School Religious Education Advisory Service.
- Secondary School Religious Education Advisory Service.
- Catholic School Special Character Review Service.
- Catholic School Principal Support Service.
- Certificate in Religious Studies (Stream: Religious Education) for Teachers.
- Diploma in Religious Studies (Stream: Religious Education) for Teachers.
- The Understanding Sexuality Course of Studies for Teachers.
- Spirituality Support Service.
No contributions for the above services are made by the Government.
The diocesan CSCC is charged under the authority of s. 37 of the Private Schools Conditional integration Act 1975, and is thus a voluntary contribution paid by parents of all students in Catholic primary and secondary schools in the Diocese of Christchurch. As such it is exempt from GST and is tax deductible.
The diocesan CSCC has been approvedby the Bishop of Christchurch for 2014.
The diocesan Catholic Special Character Contribution for 2014 is $10.00 per term, per student ($40.00 per year).